I already had outfits in mind for my girls, but had no clue what to wear myself. It was unseasonably warm for December in North Carolina, and raining, so I wasn't expecting much from my hair. My mother helped me in the kitchen as I prepared light appetizers-chips and dip, shrimp cocktail, Christmas cookies, etc. I had so many plans in my head-music, balloons, decorations-but was running out of time. I had made sure all of our packing was done for the road trip across country the night before, I helped clean the house, asked my father to hang the welcome home banner, and got the girls dressed. Time was flying so I started on my hair and makeup. With each passing minute I found myself getting nervous! My husband hadn't seen me since 5 days after I had our daughter. Had I lost all the baby weight? Would he notice my post-partum shedding? By the time I finished my makeup, I was feeling confident, and realized I was thinking irrationally. So I threw on a dress, gathered the girls, got into the car, and headed to the airport. It was pouring rain by the time we got inside, so my hair was a frizzy ball, but I was so excited to see my husband, I no longer cared. I stopped into the restroom for a final look at myself, and as soon as we came out, there he was. I saw my husband and his brother coming down the escalator! Finally. Our marine was home.

No comments:
Post a Comment